Register here for your free tickets to Barnardos’ Webinar taking place on Tuesday, 30th March at 10am-12pm entitled, ‘Plugged in, Switched Off’ for parents and professionals.
These past few months have presented many challenges, however it is clear that our collective relationship with technology has increased.
- 10.00-10.05: Welcome and introduction from MC, Anton Savage
- 10.05-10.20: Insights from Barnardos Online Safety Programme
- 10.20-10.40: Insights from expert - Joanna Fortune (Clinical psychotherapist and parenting expert)
- 10.40-10.50: Insights from Industry - Tik Tok and Google
- 10.50-11.00: Insights from Young people - Webwise Youth Advisory Panel (YAP)
- 11.00-11.05: Comfort break
- 11.05-11.30: Break out sessions (choose 1 from 3 options)
- Workshop 1: Being a good role model: how to empower parents (chaired by Barnardos Project Leader)
- Workshop 2: Opportunities and challenges re Screentime and Digital Learning - insights from a teaching perspective (chaired by Children & Young People Services Committee (CYPSC) Education Chair)
- Workshop 3: Defining Digital Wellbeing - how can we promote it for children? (chaired by Cybersafekids)
- 11.35-11.55: Panel discussion (Joanna Fortune - key note speaker, Almudena Lara - Google, 2 young people from YAP, Clíodhna Purdue - Barnardos)
- 11.55-12.00: Wrap up and close